• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hey, Northern California, I'm Ba-ack!!

Juney

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Sorry I haven't been here in a while but as you know I got burn't out in the Butte fire in Calaveras county and I've been working to re-establish my claim ever since. It's the reason for the Elio! This little plot of land is 112 miles from my main residence in Castro Valley and the old truck I kept lugging up there was killing me on gas. But with the Elio I can leave the truck up there for hauling brush, lumber, a dead big foot or what have you and use the Elio for transpo back to the Bay Area when I need to. Thing about it is my money is now spread so thin between the two places I just may have to finance the Elio, but it will still be well worth it. A shout out to all you who are still in it to win it and keep on Eli-ownin'. Now I've got to catch up on the news as there is no internet, tv, and barely radio up in them thare hills.
Here I'm uploading you a pic of a small portion of my place which totally burnt to a crisp and across the way you can see my neighbors place which was "miracless-ly" saved by the Fire department, or the fire went around his place I don't know, but it spared his "crops". Hm-m-m......

Attachments

• DSC00935.JPG
    DSC00935.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 400

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry I haven't been here in a while but as you know I got burn't out in the Butte fire in Calaveras county and I've been working to re-establish my claim ever since. It's the reason for the Elio! This little plot of land is 112 miles from my main residence in Castro Valley and the old truck I kept lugging up there was killing me on gas. But with the Elio I can leave the truck up there for hauling brush, lumber, a dead big foot or what have you and use the Elio for transpo back to the Bay Area when I need to. Thing about it is my money is now spread so thin between the two places I just may have to finance the Elio, but it will still be well worth it. A shout out to all you who are still in it to win it and keep on Eli-ownin'. Now I've got to catch up on the news as there is no internet, tv, and barely radio up in them thare hills.
Here I'm uploading you a pic of a small portion of my place which totally burnt to a crisp and across the way you can see my neighbors place which was "miracless-ly" saved by the Fire department, or the fire went around his place I don't know, but it spared his "crops". Hm-m-m......
Welcome back.
Stay away from the news today.

acamara

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome Back

Sorry to hear about your loss. Hang in there and things will get better for you. We are all rooting for you.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome back. Many of us have had periods of absence but most of us have not experienced what you did. Glad to know you still have a positive attitude and yes we are still looking forward to our Elio's as well. The light at the end of the Elio tunnel seems to be getting bigger.

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome back. Many of us have had periods of absence but most of us have not experienced what you did. Glad to know you still have a positive attitude and yes we are still looking forward to our Elio's as well. The light at the end of the Elio tunnel seems to be getting bigger.
Hopefully it's not the headlight on the train!

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome back, the Elio can be a part of the recovery of your losses. Most of us have experienced setbacks. A positive attitude will speed recovery. everything.

Juney

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your warm support. I'm putting everything back together and now I've got water, electricity and sewer lines hooked up with sleeping room for four adults so I'm getting happy again. Just need more money for a dozer and giant truckload of dirt and gravel, some fencing, and I'll be set. Of course, if the Elio pops out sooner, it's first. I'll wait on the 'dozer and the rest.:dance:

I saw the fire they are having down south of here in Big Sur and I almost cried. I pray for those people as I know what they are going through. Figure I was damned lucky and blessed.:(

Last edited:

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your warm support. I'm putting everything back together and now I've got water, electricity and sewer lines hooked up with sleeping room for four adults so I'm getting happy again. Just need more money for a dozer and giant truckload of dirt and gravel, some fencing, and I'll be set. Of course, if the Elio pops out sooner, it's first. I'll wait on the 'dozer and the rest.:dance:

I saw the fire they are having down south of here in Big Sur and I almost cried. I pray for those people as I know what they are going through. Figure I was damned lucky and blessed.:(

Hang in there. I am glad you have your priorities right. That place is going to be less satisfying without an Elio.

Top Bottom