• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hello From Wild Wonderful West Virginia

ST13Fred

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Being north of the Appalachian mountains WV definitely is not a southern state; we're Northeastern! Please make that change on our forum, Mr. Moderator. Thank You.

But I lived in ATL for 25 years and very familiar with all the good roads around N Ga, NC and TN.

I've got the large refundable deposit on a Marshmallow Elio. I want the option of being able to back out of the deal, but at the same time want Elio to succeed.

Last edited:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I have not had a chance to welcome you yet so welcome to our fun little band here!
It looks like our fearless leader, Okuma Steve, would have to move WV. I will pass your request on to him.

ST13Fred

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I feel your pain.

KY is in the southern region, but the dividing lines in all these territories are not set in stone.
OH would appear more northeastern than mid-western, being more hilly than flatland. But its all good.

My gripe in lumping WV with VA is that many come back at me with, 'now what part of VA are you from, again?'
I wish I had a $ for every time that has happened to me over the years.......it is annoying at this point.

WV should have been called Coronado or something, when we seceded from VA during the Civil War and not WV.

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Gotta head back out to WV soon to do some canoeing! Many summers I spent with the Scouts fishing and canoeing the Potomac. Like to put the canoe in a little past Hancock Md.

SandyCWV

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Glad to find another West Virginian here. I am a transplant from the Midwest, but I am really looking forward to driving the Elio on these WV roads! Should be a fun ride and much more fun than the straight roads out there. LOL

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Glad to find another West Virginian here. I am a transplant from the Midwest, but I am really looking forward to driving the Elio on these WV roads! Should be a fun ride and much more fun than the straight roads out there. LOL
Welcome SandyCWV. I know what you mean. I live in southern Oregon and when I drive around where I live or south to Medford it is mountain pass, after mountain pass, valley after valley and unbelievable mini climate zones. I love it. When I drive north to Portland I again have mountains until I reach Eugene and then I-5 flattens out and is a straight shot for most of the trip. I feel I have the best of both worlds. It doesn't hurt that I am 1 1/2 hours from the coast and 1 1/2 hours from Crater Lake. Elio will give the chance to visit both. Enjoy the group. I've learned a lot, laughed a lot and think I have found the best way to spend the months of "gestation" of my Elio. :-) Z

Jason Quinn

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Went all in at $1000.00 on 3-21-2014. Waiting for my order#, shirt and bumper sticker. Cant wait for the helmet law to be addressed and changed. I spoke to Senator Bob Beach and see's no reason it wont go through this next Legislative session. How many are all in in WV. Morgantown, WV here!!

SandyCWV

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Seem to be just the three of us so far. Glad to hear that about the helmet law. I saw we were one of the last few waiting for that to change.

Top Bottom