• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Got To Bite The Bullet.....

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, I waited as long as I could. Got to buy another vehicle. I was hoping to get an Elio and save my old truck - but that didn’t work out. Maybe the Elio will come out in time to help me keep the miles off the new ride.

Oh well......

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, I waited as long as I could. Got to buy another vehicle. I was hoping to get an Elio and save my old truck - but that didn’t work out. Maybe the Elio will come out in time to help me keep the miles off the new ride.

Oh well......
Yeah... I know the feeling. I was hoping to ease my 40 mile daily commute with an Elio. Then, I retired, moved, and now have a 7 mile commute (I didn't do that retirement thing quite right). I still want an Elio but the justification for it is mostly gone. Now, if I didn't need my truck, I could get a Tesla... hmm....

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah... I know the feeling. I was hoping to ease my 40 mile daily commute with an Elio. Then, I retired, moved, and now have a 7 mile commute (I didn't do that retirement thing quite right). I still want an Elio but the justification for it is mostly gone. Now, if I didn't need my truck, I could get a Tesla... hmm....
Get a Rivian then. You can play with the flashlight in the door, stand on those two steps and see if you can put five people in it along with two in that storage area.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Get a Rivian then. You can play with the flashlight in the door, stand on those two steps and see if you can put five people in it along with two in that storage area.
I do actually like the flashlight in the door. I keep one in one of my door pockets at all times. There are also quite a few neat features that Rivian has though I don't think it'd haul my 30' enclosed car hauler trailer...

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ya I bought a Mini Cooper for my commuter car. Gets almost 40 mpg and I still have room inside to haul stuff. I removed the back seat and built a false floor to level out the area and still have room underneath it.
I keep gradually getting smaller cars to acclimate myself to the Elio if it ever shows.

jevans64

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I bought a new Honda Fit back in November 2015 and it has been a nice little commuter so far. My commute is 58 miles a day, half heavy traffic and half interstate. I get a solid 40 MPG going by my paper mileage logs but the trip meter reads just over 43. Getting my first set of new tires soon and will see if the Goodyear FuelMax will do better than the Firestone FR740 it came with. People yam on about the CVT but it has been OK so far. It IS a little slow off the " starting line " at intersections but can move decently when it is in its power curve. Better than my old Pontiac Sunfire for sure.

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've got a 2007 Fit Sport that I have owned since new. and it is my "go to" vehicle when i need to do some hauling. (rear seats folded down) Normal MPG range is around 40 with my hot-rod style of driving and living in the mountains of So CAL. A VERY reliable vehicle with a little over 100K on the odometer. Like most Hondas' it is happiest when driven in the 3-4 K range.

Top Bottom