• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

First Post

Persus

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post to the forum, but I have been following the Elio Stages for a few months now. I am 44, and currently commute about 50 mile round trip daily. Looking for something like the Elio that won't break the bank and easy on the gas.
I was originally looking for a potential car for my soon to be drive son when I ran across the Elio. After looking at it and reading up on it, I decided that if I were to purchase one (planning to) it would most likely be for me. I can see myself enjoying the vehicle.
I know the car currently is named after the Founder, but I always thought as the founders name should be the brand and not necessarily the model name.
So I was thinking since the whole concept is to use a closed down GM factory, you might want to call it the Phoenix, as it is rising from the ashes of the dead plant.
Anyway just a thought. I look forward to the actual release of the vehicle and as soon as I can put some money down to reserve a vehicle I will do so.
Continue to move the project forward Gents, it is looking good.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post to the forum, but I have been following the Elio Stages for a few months now. I am 44, and currently commute about 50 mile round trip daily. Looking for something like the Elio that won't break the bank and easy on the gas.
I was originally looking for a potential car for my soon to be drive son when I ran across the Elio. After looking at it and reading up on it, I decided that if I were to purchase one (planning to) it would most likely be for me. I can see myself enjoying the vehicle.
I know the car currently is named after the Founder, but I always thought as the founders name should be the brand and not necessarily the model name.
So I was thinking since the whole concept is to use a closed down GM factory, you might want to call it the Phoenix, as it is rising from the ashes of the dead plant.
Anyway just a thought. I look forward to the actual release of the vehicle and as soon as I can put some money down to reserve a vehicle I will do so.
Persus, welcome from sunny New Mexico and to the forum. Glad you decided to enjoy the journey and the experience with us

Stephen Workman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome, Persus!
Since Paul Elio lives in the Greater Phoenix area, I believe you've picked a great name for our autocycle brand.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome Persus to probably one of the best sites for every bit of knowledge on the Elio.
We've dissected it so many different ways I don't know if there are any other angles left :becky:
Make yourself at home, and if you can't find what you're looking for by using the Search Function, feel free to ask.

Your bio says Washington State, so welcome neighbor; what part do you hail from?
There are a lot of others on here from the Pacific NW also.

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi and welcome from Arkansas, I hope you enjoy this forum as we journey to Elio production and ownership. There is a wealth of info here and hours of entertainment from a bunch of great people!

Top Bottom