• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Fiat 500 Three Wheeler?

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Indeed, it is an after-market modification which costs €4500 [$5063]. The only advantage I can see is that, in this configuration, it is classified as a "tricycle" in some European countries, meaning the age of the driver of these vehicles is lowered to 16 yrs old.

They retrofit the motor with a small 15 kW [20 HP] engine to make it comply with A-1 "motorcycle" license protocols.

Don't ask me to explain the logic behind this - Those Europeans see things differently over there. I think its something in their water.
This might explain...

skychief

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This might explain...

The Brits had an equivalent to the French Mini Comtesse: The PEEL P-50. Which is physically even smaller than the Mini Comtesse! It has a similar 2-stroke, 50cc engine, but was a reverse-trike configuration with the single drive wheel in the back. So it was probably slightly more stable than the Mini Comtesse. Still a head-scratcher, though! :confused:

Peel-P50-Front.jpg

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Brits had an equivalent to the French Mini Comtesse: The PEEL P-50. Which is physically even smaller than the Mini Comtesse! It has a similar 2-stroke, 50cc engine, but was a reverse-trike configuration with the single drive wheel in the back. So it was probably slightly more stable than the Mini Comtesse. Still a head-scratcher, though! :confused:

Peel-P50-Front.jpg
Best P-50 review ever!

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Indeed, it is an after-market modification which costs €4500 [$5063]. The only advantage I can see is that, in this configuration, it is classified as a "tricycle" in some European countries, meaning the age of the driver of these vehicles is lowered to 16 yrs old.

They retrofit the motor with a small 15 kW [20 HP] engine to make it comply with A-1 "motorcycle" license protocols.

Don't ask me to explain the logic behind this - Those Europeans see things differently over there. I think its something in their water.
Never doubt the drive (get it? drive!) of a 16 yo to have his or her own set of wheels. When I was in Sweden mumble mumble years ago, all the kids were driving these short pickups without beds. Turns out that thanks to a quirk in Swedish law, by removing the bed of the pickup truck it was something that a 16 yo could license and drive. Didn't have to modify the engine or anything.

Top Bottom