• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio, Dept Of Energy Funding And Political Action

Paladin4Elio

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Come January, I haven't visited or posted in 4 years -- how time flies!

Sorry to see the Elio still hasn't entered production. I always thought that without the DOE funding, it likely would fail. What's the latest on that funding? If it is still caught in red tape, has anyone thought of organizing a political campaign to get sympathetic Congressional Representatives, U.S. Senators and people in the Trump administration to push the DOE to support Elio, or at least make a decision? After all, last I recall, Elio was trying to reopen a large manufacturing plant in Louisiana.

Last edited:

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I sent Elio a question:

Dec 13, 05:49 EST

As supporters, what can we do to help secure the funding required?

Their answer:

Elio.jpeg

Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors)

Dec 14, 16:55 EST

Thanks for your email!
Also, thanks for the offer of help. The best way is to spread the word about us. Also, if you know anyone looking to make a substantial investment, send them our way!
Thanks again.

Best,
The Elio Team

So, it's good that they are still responding fairly quickly, but their answer also shows that they don't have a clue as to how we could actually help. Things like:

1. Write your political leaders about DOE funding.
2. Write your political leaders about "Autocycle" legislation.
3. Write your politicians about changing local laws to support Autocycles. (IE: Ohio franchise laws against Elio and Tesla)

What are your suggestions?

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top Bottom