• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

All In From Provo

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Old motorcycle rider looking forward to motoring in less than ideal weather. Rode my two wheeler to Prudhoe Bay. Maybe I will run the Elio up there next year.

Dee
Dee, Welcome from sunny warm New Mexico. Hope you enjoy the Elio experience and the journey with us

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, welcome! That must've been an awesome ride.

It was an awsome ride. There are so many things to see, and seeing it from a bike let's you see it, feel it and smell it as you go down the road. People also come over to talk to an old fart on a dirt bike. I never met a bike I didn't like but Harley riders scare some people.

I think the Elio will also pull people in to talk and ask questions. I look forward to finding out. The gas mileage will let me go farther too. Even my KLR650 only gets about 60 mpg (less with a headwind). Harley's and Gold Wings are in the 30's.

I am ready for my Elio. Send my basic manual transmission White one as soon as you are able.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It was an awsome ride. There are so many things to see, and seeing it from a bike let's you see it, feel it and smell it as you go down the road. People also come over to talk to an old fart on a dirt bike. I never met a bike I didn't like but Harley riders scare some people.

I think the Elio will also pull people in to talk and ask questions. I look forward to finding out. The gas mileage will let me go farther too. Even my KLR650 only gets about 60 mpg (less with a headwind). Harley's and Gold Wings are in the 30's.

I am ready for my Elio. Send my basic manual transmission White one as soon as you are able.

Oh! Do I wish I had that kind of power! Can't wait until we have them and are giving "first impressions" of our Elios! Going to be some good threads then!

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey! I'm in Taylorsville (SLC). I have an XT550 too. Along with a Harley Electra Glide Classic, 2 Honda Trail 70s, a Chinese Trail 70 (125cc) and a Suzuki FA 50... Elio will be a dream!

How is that Chinese trail 70 bike? Is it as good as the original, better, or less than perfect. Did they buy the tooling from Honda or did they just reverse engineer it and make a similar machine? It would be fun to pick one up if they are pretty reliable. Are parts available, or do you just go to Honda to pick up replacement parts? What kind of riding do you end up doing? All on the Harley on long trips, the XT into the mountain trails, or the trail 70 for fun back road rides? I had my 79 xt500 up in Alaska a couple times and rode down to San Felipe in Baja for fish tacos. I need to rebuild it now though now that it has just under 70,000 miles on it. I bought it in 2000 with only 6500 miles on it. Best money I ever spent.

Top Bottom