• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

A Video Explaining Tesla’s “autopilot” Features

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lots of controversy with regards to Tesla’s “Autopilot” system.

FYI...A Model 3 driver was killed in Florida yesterday when his Tesla drove under a semi-truck.

Here’s a video that reviews Tesla current autonomous driving features. This video is a must watch. It reviews the good and the bad with regards to Tesla’s current “Autopilot” technology!

I’m very careful when I engage my Tesla’s “Autopilot” functions. I feel relatively secure when it’s operating, but it still has lot’s of limitations!

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lots of controversy with regards to Tesla’s “Autopilot” system.

FYI...A Model 3 driver was killed in Florida yesterday when his Tesla drove under a semi-truck.

Here’s a video that reviews Tesla current autonomous driving feature.

I’m very careful when I engage my Tesla’s “Autopilot” functions. But I feel relatively secure when it’s operating.

Seriously speaking, I can go as far as having the collision avoidance feature but I'm just not ready to have my car drive for me....my 2004 CR-V have cruise control and never once used it- feels weird for me when my feet's not doing nothin'!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Seriously speaking, I can go as far as having the collision avoidance feature but I'm just not ready to have my car drive for me....my 2004 CR-V have cruise control and never once used it- feels weird for me when my feet's not doing nothin'!

I’m OLD and Old School. I want to drive my car right up until I have more limitations than autopilot. Hopefully, by that time Autopilot will be perfected and my 2021 Tesla Model Y and 2019 Arcimoto FUV will drive me to Doc appointments. I can’t bring myself to pay for the technology package options that I don’t want or won’t use, even though I may need it.

I have a friend with a tech loaded car......lane change, collision avoidance, etc. the constant lights flashing and warning sounds became distracting and they chose to disable much of that tech.. I couldn’t do long drives without cruise control.......frees my feet up to tap to Rock & Roll!

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I’m OLD and Old School. I want to drive my car right up until I have more limitations than autopilot. Hopefully, by that time Autopilot will be perfected and my 2021 Tesla Model Y and 2019 Arcimoto FUV will drive me to Doc appointments. I can’t bring myself to pay for the technology package options that I don’t want or won’t use, even though I may need it.

I have a friend with a tech loaded car......lane change, collision avoidance, etc. the constant lights flashing and warning sounds became distracting and they chose to disable much of that tech.. I couldn’t do long drives without cruise control.......frees my feet up to tap to Rock & Roll!
.....and get the needed circulations in your feet, good idea Rickb! :D

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just curious what Telsa has to do with Elio? ;)
It’s the Tesla Auto Pilot Thread. Something new/interesting to discuss and consider while waiting for EM’s funding announcement. Autopilot could very likely become a future Elio option. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom