• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

9/29/14 Miramar Event Information

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Dates: 10/3 - 10/5
Times: Vary - see ticket link for more information
Please note: I was unable to test link because I don't know how to disable the cookies.
All information is available at the MCAS Miramar Air Show web site.

Parking:
Welcome to the MCAS Miramar Air Show

You must have a valid drivers license, current registration and proof of insurance to bring your vehicle onto a military base. If driving a rental car, valid drivers license, proof of insurance & car rental agreement will be required.

Security personnel will direct you from the gate to your parking area. There may be adjustments prior to the Air Show.

Ticket link:
https://tix.extremetix.com/Online/MiramarAirshow?cookieTest=Yes

:) Z

Last edited:

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was stationed there when it was NAS Miramar and the Marines were just gate guards. Seems they multiplied, and took over the place! ;) Wish I could make it there to see how much it's changed...a swing be Black's Beach might be in order too.:D

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For those not from San Diego, that is the area's only "Clothing optional" beach.

Glad to hear it still is! Good times down there back in the early '80's. Wife and I peddled our bikes down there every weekend from NAS Miramar. Had the most epic sunburn 'where the sun don't shine' first time I went down there.:eek: Gives me chills just thinking about it!

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Glad to hear it still is! Good times down there back in the early '80's. Wife and I peddled our bikes down there every weekend from NAS Miramar. Had the most epic sunburn 'where the sun don't shine' first time I went down there.:eek: Gives me chills just thinking about it!

Bikes in the nude, doesn't sound fun. most epic sunburn - chills. Is that what they call an oxy-moron? Like Jumbo shrimp LOL

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Bikes in the nude, doesn't sound fun. most epic sunburn - chills. Is that what they call an oxy-moron? Like Jumbo shrimp LOL

LOL! Bikes in the nude sounds VERY hazardous...or at least pretty messy.;) Nope, had to wear cloths there (stupid state laws!), but once we hit the bottom of the bluff, it was on....err, ummm...off (another oxy-moron)!

Spent the night there July 4th of '83, thought we'd watch the fireworks display down the beach at La Jolla....WRONG! Sun went down, fog rolled in (marine layer?), tide came in, and we froze ours asses (clothed by then) off! No firewood on THAT beach!

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LOL! Bikes in the nude sounds VERY hazardous...or at least pretty messy.;) Nope, had to wear cloths there (stupid state laws!), but once we hit the bottom of the bluff, it was on....err, ummm...off (another oxy-moron)!

Spent the night there July 4th of '83, thought we'd watch the fireworks display down the beach at La Jolla....WRONG! Sun went down, fog rolled in (marine layer?), tide came in, and we froze ours asses (clothed by then) off! No firewood on THAT beach!

Lot of fun, good memories :)

Top Bottom