• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

$6800 Reservation Via Startengine?

Tapakip

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am hoping you can help me clear up a bit of mystery. I came across an email from August 2015 stating that I indicated interest in reserving an Elio in the amount of $6800. This email was from StartEngine. When I logged into their site, I saw that I indeed still had a reservation. However, I could find no information whatsoever as to whether or not that reservation actually required me to pay the $6800 at the time, whether it was refundable if so, and how to go about cancelling if I wanted to. Their site, as well as Elio's, leave much to be desired in the way of information, and I talked with StartEngine's chat, who also was not much help. Before I contact Elio, does anyone remember if it was possible to pay for the whole amount up front early on? Whether it was refundable or not? All I see are the current options, but no mention of the old possibilities.

Thanks for any help you can offer up.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am hoping you can help me clear up a bit of mystery. I came across an email from August 2015 stating that I indicated interest in reserving an Elio in the amount of $6800. This email was from StartEngine. When I logged into their site, I saw that I indeed still had a reservation. However, I could find no information whatsoever as to whether or not that reservation actually required me to pay the $6800 at the time, whether it was refundable if so, and how to go about cancelling if I wanted to. Their site, as well as Elio's, leave much to be desired in the way of information, and I talked with StartEngine's chat, who also was not much help. Before I contact Elio, does anyone remember if it was possible to pay for the whole amount up front early on? Whether it was refundable or not? All I see are the current options, but no mention of the old possibilities.

Thanks for any help you can offer up.

It is not possible to pay all the money up front. $1000 is the maximum deposit Elio will allow.

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The only connection with Start Engine and Elio Motors, is SE was trying to sell stock in EM, by way of reservation for stock. No money was involved, other than you saying how much stock you wanted to buy. Later on when the stock went live, you could buy as much or down to a minimum, I forget what that was, something like $600.00. If you did not complete the process by transferring money to the stock transfer agent, then you did not buy any thing.
I would delete the e mail from 2015
Start Engine has no currant connection with Elio Motors

Tapakip

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. My only confusion stems from that email and when I logged in to startengine's site, I still had a reservation. I didn't take a screenshot beforehand, but it said it was active. I clicked Cancel and it cancelled it immediately, no warning or email. So here is a screenshot of that. As you can see, the $6,800.00 amount is listed there as well. It's also listed as a Reservation, not an Investment. TIA.

elio.JPG

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. My only confusion stems from that email and when I logged in to startengine's site, I still had a reservation. I didn't take a screenshot beforehand, but it said it was active. I clicked Cancel and it cancelled it immediately, no warning or email. So here is a screenshot of that. As you can see, the $6,800.00 amount is listed there as well. It's also listed as a Reservation, not an Investment. TIA.

View attachment 21876
Here are my screenshots from Startengine.
The second image is what came up when I clicked on "View Reservation".

Evidently, it this was just "lead" information that EM gave to Startengine for their mailing campaign.
Note that the first image lists $1000 as the amount I put down on my Elio Motors reservation.

IMO, someone screwed up the numbers in your case.
Obvious question... Wouldn't you have remembered paying $6,800 for a reservation? :confused:
Or were you hoping for an unexpected $6800 windfall? ;)

eliostartengine1.jpg
eliostartengine2.jpg

Last edited:

Tapakip

Reaction score
Here are my screenshots from Startengine.
The second image is what came up when I clicked on "View Reservation".

Evidently, it this was just "lead" information that EM gave to Startengine for their mailing campaign.
Note that the first image lists $1000 as the amount I put down on my Elio Motors reservation.

IMO, someone screwed up the numbers in your case.
Obvious question... Wouldn't you have remembered paying $6,800 for a reservation? :confused:
Or were you hoping for an unexpected $6800 windfall? ;)

View attachment 21877 View attachment 21878

You hit the nail on the head. One would think I'd remember putting down $6800. Alas, I went through my banking records and found no such deposit. The reservation page simply threw me for a loop and got me excited at the possibility, though! Thank you for checking and responding.

Top Bottom