• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

18 And Under Status

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is anyone clear on what is required for Colorado? I'm trying to figure out if my boys (under 18) will need to wear a helmet while riding in the back. Thanks for any info.

And is there a difference between riding in the back or driving? For those with a license, but not yet 18 (or 21). I'm not in Colorado, but will be interested in the response.

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Colorado Motorcycle Safety Laws
Colorado motorcycle safety law requires anyone under 18 to wear a helmet, and all ages must wear protective eyewear.

I'm thinking this will be challenged, and hopefully changed.

BTW, there's a seperate law and endorsement covering 3 wheel motocycles. If you endorsed for a 3 wheeler, you can't legally drive on 2 wheels.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is anyone clear on what is required for Colorado? I'm trying to figure out if my boys (under 18) will need to wear a helmet while riding in the back. Thanks for any info.
I have read the posts following yours but I think you need to check your DMV regulations. I did a state by state survey many months ago and at one time had a note that said no helmet except for under 18. That exception has been erased which indicates new information but I don't have detailes in my notes.

BTW, welcome from Oregon. I hope you enjoy this wonderful Elio adventure. :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top Bottom