• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

10/12/16- Strong Storm Approaching!

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For those that don't watch the weather, Fri-Sat heavy winds, and heavy rain expected in western WA.
This is most discouraging, having moved from hurricane/lightning strikes- south Fla.
Stay dry my friends

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
They are predicting around 5" of rain (or more) for the weekend.
And living right at the end of the Columbia Gorge, high winds are crazy here.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
In my usual dark humor mode, do you think the Elio will float, as old VW commercial?
Any car will float, for a little while at least ;)

40 years ago, someone I knew, was going to do an insurance claim on his VW Bug because he had blown the motor and couldn't afford to replace it.
So he drove it out to the quarries (I followed because he needed a ride home after :barbershop_quartet_); so he picked a spot that had a good "launch" spot; had it in gear, rolling slow, when he dropped a brick on the gas pedal and jumped out of the car.
It did a perfect swan dive into the water; and as we stood there, I noticed he had the windows rolled up.
I asked him why, and he gave me some story; but he didn't know Bugs would float. We waited about 30 minutes, as it drifted around in the water like a parade float. That's when we decided to do some target practice. It sank about 10 minutes later; after he swam out to force the door open; it almost grabbed him on the way down. I made him ride back in a towel and his clothes in a cooler in the trunk.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Well we had a tornado touch down out at the OR coast at Manzanita this morning, did some damage to some places.
And they're saying it's going to be getting worse tonight and all day tomorrow; especially for high winds.
Right now we're sitting in a little pocket with black skies to the North and very dark clouds to the South.
We've had 1 1/4 " of rain in the last 24 hours; they're saying 2 to 3 more inches in that same time span.

And my dingy neighbor's wife promised a couple of friends of hers that they would go camping this weekend up in Mount Vernon.
In (ready?) a TENT trailer. She wants to give her kids a camping experience while they're young.
How young? One is 5 the other is 7 months.

Oh, they're going to have an experience alright :confused:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
stay safe out there .... with Hurricane Matthew out of the picture, things are improving in Central/Eastern NC .... as the water levels fall, they are better able to access the conditions of the roads .... unfortunately, significant damage is wide spread

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well we had a tornado touch down out at the OR coast at Manzanita this morning, did some damage to some places.
And they're saying it's going to be getting worse tonight and all day tomorrow; especially for high winds.
Right now we're sitting in a little pocket with black skies to the North and very dark clouds to the South.
We've had 1 1/4 " of rain in the last 24 hours; they're saying 2 to 3 more inches in that same time span.

And my dingy neighbor's wife promised a couple of friends of hers that they would go camping this weekend up in Mount Vernon.
In (ready?) a TENT trailer. She wants to give her kids a camping experience while they're young.
How young? One is 5 the other is 7 months.

Oh, they're going to have an experience alright :confused:
Stay safe, my friend.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Stay safe, my friend.
Thanks Ty, and the same words of caution to anyone else in Western WA; there is nothing so important that it can't wait until the storm is over.

Baton down the hatches and get ready.

Wife just told me the news came on and reported another tornado touched down; this time up at Oceanside, WA

Top Bottom