• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Tough Sell?

Brett H

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Additional funding & new buyer interest is going to be hard to come by, sitting at $1.30 per gallon gas here in the oil belt & the Saudis pumping the market as fast as they can to keep our new found friends from Iran out of the global oil markets. Not trying to get political, but the Iran deal is bad for us in oil producing states (OK), bad for America & bad for Paul Elio. One of biggest reasons a lot of us became interested in Elio was saving on fuel $ & at a crucial time for this company that incentive for most buyers isn't there. & yes, I know, gas won't be at sub $2.00 a gallon forever, but when the time is now to start production and "rising fuel costs" is one of you main selling points....another uphill battle for the little car company that could?

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It sure doesn't help. But the purchase price does. if I were a real conspiracy theorist, I would think that the Wahhabi family is pumping out all that oil to keep us fat dumb and happy while the jihadists that they sponsor take over more and more of the Middle East.

But then, I'm not a conspiracy theorist.

And if I were a paranoid on top of being a conspiracy theorist, I would think the house ofor Saud had it entirely in for Paul Elio.

But then, I am NOT a paranoid either.

bunchathrees

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if these extremely low prices might actually start to drive alternative energy developments out of desperation. If there is no profit in something and you need revenue to satisfy your commitments, what does a poor OPEC member do? Either start a conflict or diversify.

TeamCoconutOreo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
NOPE..........it goes in to TV commercials :)

National Television Advertising Campaign
Maybe Elio disagrees, but I think that when 28 Elio's are driving through any city on there way to some Elio get together or car meet up (such as Indian Bend RD pavilions in Scottsdale, AZ), Elio will sell more cars than through any commercial.

I think that Paul and the rest of the company know it.

Edit: Yes, I know I made a contradiction. I say Paul knows 75% certainty.

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
While Im enjoying the current prices and spending more time behind the wheel of my truck, the fact that I can go 5x further on a dollar's worth of fuel in an Elio is not lost on me.

For me low cost and American made are the big deals, along with fun to drive. When gas prices pinch the budget again, that will just be an Elio bonus to me.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, it is true that one motivator was this claim that says, the car pays for itself in fuel prices alone. So that created a market for car replacement.
The car will still sell for those who needed a replacement commuter car, which is about half of the used sales every year. Still good enough for a bumper crop IMHO. But worry about the return of high fuel costs still moves people. And those worried about global warming are quickly replacing those.
And oil independence is still in play.
On the average, I'm not concerned, it will still sell very well indeed.

Anyway, prices will not stay this way forever. Things could be very different when production starts.

Top Bottom