• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

trock59

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I recognized the pattern immediately. My son would do that to me. Whether he was right or wrong he would win the debate, because he relentlessly pounded whatever his points were. After a while, I just didn't bother, he wan't changing my mind and I wouldn't change his. In this case I wanted to give it the old college try, but knew from his response it wasn't going anywhere fast. The best thing to do is capitulate (ok, I added some saurcasim) and shut things down. He's not going to convince me nor I him. So nothing more needs be said. The aftermarket is a great fixer of things "wrong" with a car.
Had an old girlfriend like that, she believed winning the argument proved she was right too

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I wonder why people latch onto some of the less significant items and determine to make it their crusade to change it and brow beat any that might oppose. Just puzzling. Oh well, such is life.

such is life indeed .... its one thing for someone else to undergo minor surgery .... when I have to have surgery, there is no such thing as minor surgery ..;).. what is major to some, may or may not be major to others .... which side the gas fill port is on is a pretty good example

Jim

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And, some people aren't happy unless they have something to complain about. I never did hear our friend say how much he was "all in" for. Obviously this is not the vehicle for him, if he thinks continued whining is going to produce any results other than to alienate everyone. If by chance he is having second thoughts, maybe he should start another thread to sell his number. I'm sure someone would be interested.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And, some people aren't happy unless they have something to complain about. I never did hear our friend say how much he was "all in" for. Obviously this is not the vehicle for him, if he thinks continued whining is going to produce any results other than to alienate everyone. If by chance he is having second thoughts, maybe he should start another thread to sell his number. I'm sure someone would be interested.
I'm betting a $1k all in very early adopter with a reservation number under a 1000.

Last edited:

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Like most people I do get bored at times so poking at the nuisance characters and trolls that show up is one interesting way to pass the time. However this behavior is not an appropriate example for a moderator to set especially when the poking involves personal commentary.

I apologize to all our great members for my less than exemplary statements.
No need to apologize. Some people (not you) don't understand that its not what they say, it how they say it. Said person previously stated in another thread that you get roasted on here if you say anything negative or question things. I don't think thats the case if you come across civil and make good points and have a discussion instead of trying to incite an argument.

MajorXx

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
If you look at the stats...if a politician was looking a 75 to 25 losing position he would be HIGHLY inclined to change his position. Perhaps it will not happen on the initial production run, but to ignore the response would be very unwise.

RKing

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Seriously doubt they are ignoring, just probably not high enough on the priority list to worry about right now. Bottom line it's really unimportant in the grand scheme of things. Pretty much describes my feeling also ....... just for the record I find it revolting , but it won't keep me from buying one.

Top Bottom