• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
CW, welcome to the forum and the Elio family. I could not agree more with you - keep it simple and inexpensive. Hope you enjoy the forum because it has plenty of information, facts, fiction, fantasies, and friendly helpful people. You will get hours of entertainment from it until you take delivery of your Elio

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have always wanted a car with a digital dashboard, but if it will increase the cost of the car then lets just keep it as simple and inexpensive as possible.
It would take a lot of thought to go digital - particularly making sftw updates and screen replacements simple. In these days of centralized electronics it might be an option or an aftermarket addition.

It could be a problem though: an old business partner had a relatively rare '75 2-dr Town Car that suffered multiple technical maladies toward the end of its 12 year life, the worst of which was the total failure of that early digital instrument display. The replacement part alone was over $1,500, plus the cost of tearing the entire dash apart to get to it. At that point the overall cost of keeping the car on the road exceeded its Bluebook value . . . and it went to the crusher.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think we should not discount modern watches and what they can do theses days...so with that in mind, there should be even more digital and extra gauges for trans temp, wind speed, knots per hour, of course have it all read in metric so only kilometers per hour, color changing LED bulbs, two clocks for people who live on the line between multiple time zones, altimeter and air temp, muffler bearing warning lights and don't let me forget...buzzers galore!!! Oh, but there's more, I also want a built in blood pressure monitor, an easy bake oven and a radar screen too. o_O
You are being totally ridiculous. Easy bake oven? Clearly the Elio needs a toaster oven instead. :D

Top Bottom