• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

Jag39

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Elgin Dash, Yes or No.

If No, then what?
Elio_interior.jpg

upload_2014-4-27_21-0-22-jpeg.731.jpg
I rather like the simplicity of it, myself. Digital would be good, too.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I mentioned this in a different thread, but I'll restate it here:
The P4 used the Geo Metro dash; I went hunting for those clusters and found a bunch of them on EBay, ranging in price from $24 to $130 and just about everywhere in between. If they used it in the P4, there should be no reason you couldn't use it in the production models.
Then it should be a pretty straight swap out.
Remember, I said SHOULD not will

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Amps, fuel, temp and oil pressure don't have model specific makes, a guage is a guage is a guage, they all work the same.
At most, you might have to change a sender unit for the fuel but that's doubtful.
Only thing that might be off is the speedometer.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I mentioned this in a different thread, but I'll restate it here:
The P4 used the Geo Metro dash; I went hunting for those clusters and found a bunch of them on EBay, ranging in price from $24 to $130 and just about everywhere in between. If they used it in the P4, there should be no reason you couldn't use it in the production models.
Then it should be a pretty straight swap out.
Remember, I said SHOULD not will
If a simple swap out isn't challenging enough, one could take a look at other instrument panels that have been used, pick one he/she likes, and go off to an appropriate pick-n-pull and have at it!

http://cartype.com/pages/738/gauge_clusters

Having looked at some of these, the Elgin dash doesn't look so bad. YMMV.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
If a simple swap out isn't challenging enough, one could take a look at other instrument panels that have been used, pick one he/she likes, and go off to an appropriate pick-n-pull and have at it!

http://cartype.com/pages/738/gauge_clusters

Having looked at some of these, the Elgin dash doesn't look so bad. YMMV.
Don't forget to take a tape measure when you go to the Pick-N-Pull, you have to make sure it will fit first :thumb:

I did take the time to go through the whole list and found a number of them I like; there were a few real stand outs: 09 Fisker Karma, 07 Ford Mondeo, 06 Holden Epica, 08 Audi TT, 77 Audi 50 GLS, the 12 & 14 Buick Lacrosse and 2 or 3 of the BMW ones. Now all I have to do is go find them. :doh:

Top Bottom