• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

Adamant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Might as well ask in here too..... so where the's gauge for oil/engine temp? Without it, how will be know to what the degree the engine is overheated (if it comes to it)?

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I didn't vote in this poll because there was not an option for " I don't care" .
Much prefer analog gauges with white dials but I will find a way to live with the Elgin .

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Might as well ask in here too..... so where the's gauge for oil/engine temp? Without it, how will be know to what the degree the engine is overheated (if it comes to it)?
It's an "idiot light", one of many at the center of one of the Elgin "gauges". This is backed up by a trail of blue smoke emerging from the tailpipe and visible in the mirrors.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In keeping with the spirit of the design, that is, no new technology, I'm hoping they will keep the instrument panel traditional. If I could choose I would opt for very conventional... almost retro... analog instruments. They would be in white with black lettering as this is much easier to see than black or dark instruments.

4307_1_lg.jpg

Charlie G

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I posted this on Facebook, but I'll share here as well.
I'm still not a fan of the Elgin design, but here is my version of best-case scenario regarding readability.
Note that as the text gets bigger, you get fewer increments. I'm using as large of a vertical space as seems reasonable and limit the max speed to 120.
Dots represent 10, 5, and 1mph increments. The inner ring increments are a little busy, but I was just screwing around.

FOFGWkg.png

and here's the ring underneath:
HwkrveF.png

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In keeping with the spirit of the design, that is, no new technology, I'm hoping they will keep the instrument panel traditional. If I could choose I would opt for very conventional... almost retro... analog instruments. They would be in white with black lettering as this is much easier to see than black or dark instruments.

4307_1_lg.jpg

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score

4307_1_lg.jpg
I like those gauges too.. My new Legacy gauges look like below:

legacy15-instrument-panel-gauges1.jpg

legacy15-instrument-panel-gauges3.jpg

Attachments

• legacy15-instrument-panel-gauges1.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 143
Top Bottom