• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Car Tipping

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Attachments

• CORRECTION APTOPIX Smart Car Vandalism.JPEG
    CORRECTION APTOPIX Smart Car Vandalism.JPEG
    52 KB · Views: 294
Reaction score
Back in the sixties kids used to do that to VW's. I always wondered if the oil or gas spilled or ran into places it shouldn't and cause great damage? With the 'smart cars', which IMO aren't smart but somebody loved them enough to buy them, wouldn't the battery acid spill? Vandalism, it's yours, not mine, I can destroy. But, don't you dare touch something of mine ...... Shame.

Reaction score

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hmm makes me wonder if Elio will build an alarm into the car? If they incorporate remote lock it should be fairly simple to do.. My Sentra came with the alarm which arms when I lock the door with the remote.. I have never used the key on the doors in the 6 years I've owned the car..

Ray

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
The other thing that we did with bugs is disassemble them and reassemble them on the school's roof. I wonder how easy that would be with an Elio? It was dead simple on a bug.

dgruis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In defense of my two smart cars...The name was not intended to imply intelligence. Rather it was first created for an art show by engineers form Swatch (watch company) and Mercedes-Benz....Swatch Mercedes Art ...smart.

We smart owners love to share stories of people making fun of our 'stupid' cars, which many call 'death traps'. We also love to talk about how much extra weigh other vehicles carry for one person commutes. I assume many uninformed comments will be made about Elio. The following smart crash test sold me on smart, and I hope Elio can perform as well.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not in Any way critiquing the Smart car but I never understood the concept?? A 20K car that only gets roughly 34mpg? What was the practical (or Smart) reason for it? It looks interesting and I have never driven one but I just don't see what market they were targeting other than it could park in a smaller parking space. Again, it may be a great car I just didn't understand the concept.

I always thought it was like a look at me! car. You bought one to be noticed in it and to be different a bit more European maybe? I have driven one seemed ok to me. I didn't drive it extensively but it does serve the general theme of the Elio as a commuter car. Mileage ratings aside.

I liked the Fiat 500 more than the smart

Top Bottom